2013 Social Dance RFP: Information and Calendar
The Glen Echo Park Partnership for Arts and Culture is seeking qualified individuals and/or organizations to present one or more social dance events for the purpose of providing participatory and educational dance activities to the general public at Glen Echo Park from January through December 2013 in the Spanish Ballroom, Bumper Car Pavilion, and/or Ballroom Annex. Download the Request for Proposals Document.
All details concerning the submission of a proposal are available through the above link. The deadline for submissions is Friday, September 7, 2012. Please email Donna Barker for more information.
Social Dances are held regularly Thursday night through Sunday night in one or more of the three dance halls at Glen Echo Park: the Spanish Ballroom, the Bumper Car Pavilion, and the Ballroom Annex. On many nights there are two or more different dances held simultaneously, each sponsored by a different dance presenter. The usual weekly schedule of dances is outlined below, but for full details and any last-minute changes, check our Social Dance Calendar.
• THURSDAY NIGHTS: BLUES dances with lesson and dancing with DJ.
• FRIDAY NIGHTS: different dance styles, including CONTRA dances, SWING, LINDY and BALBOA dances, BLUES or SALSA dances
• SATURDAY NIGHTS: SWING dances are usually presented on Saturday nights, most frequently in the Spanish Ballroom, but occasionally in the Bumper Car Pavilion. Additionally, the Annual Strauss Waltz Ball and a Salsa Showcase & Dance are presented in the Ballroom. Other styles offered occasionally are BLUES dances and the CAJUN/ZYDECO annual festival.
• SUNDAY AFTERNOONS: WALTZ dances, BALLROOM dances, CAJUN/ZYDECO dances, ENGLISH COUNTRY dances, and FAMILY dances are offered once or twice each month in the Spanish Ballroom, Bumper Car Pavilion or Ballroom Annex.
• SUNDAY NIGHTS: CONTRA & SQUARE dances and MILONGAS with DJ are offered each Sunday night, and occasional BLUES dances.
For a list of current social dance presenters, please visit our Social Dances page.